This post is not directly related to the ministry we have to the children in the Philippines. However, in a way it does relate. What we do in America today will greatly affect future generations all over the world and especially in nations such as the Philippines who are so closely tied the the US. This is a serious time — a crossroads time for us.
Message from Our Pastor — Jonas Bohlin
I encourage your participation in this Saturday’s “The Response” in Houston. Some of us will fast from Friday evening until Saturday evening. There is a live feed of the prayer and solemn assembly at http://theresponseusa.com/ if you want to be a part via the web. If there are several of you that would like to watch the live stream at the church, we will try to make it available for a group of you. If you want to watch at the church the group needs to be assembled before noon on Friday so that arrangements can be made.
Below are the focal points of the assembly so that you can pray here as we pray there:
- We believe that America is in a state of crisis. Not just politically, financially or morally, but because we are a nation that has not honored God in our successes or humbly called on Him in our struggles.
- According to the Bible, the answer to a nation in such crisis is to gather in humility and repentance and ask God to intervene. The Response will be a historic gathering of people from across the nation to pray and fast for America.
- Right now, America is in crisis: we have been besieged by financial debt, terrorism, and a multitude of natural disasters. As a nation, we must come together and call upon Jesus to guide us through unprecedented struggles, and thank Him for the blessings of freedom we so richly enjoy.
- Some problems are beyond our power to solve, and according to the Book of Joel, Chapter 2, this historic hour demands a historic response. Therefore, on August 6, thousands will gather to pray for a historic breakthrough for our country and a renewed sense of moral purpose.
- I sincerely hope you’ll join me in Houston on August 6th and take your place in Reliant Stadium with praying people asking God’s forgiveness, wisdom and provision for our state and nation. There is hope for America. It lies in heaven, and we will find it on our knees.